Green Cards and Permanent Residence in the U.S.

Learn how to get a Green Card to become a permanent resident, check your green card case status, bring a foreign spouse to live in the U.S. and what documents you need when traveling back to the U.S. Also, find out how to enter or check your results for the Diversity Visa Lottery program.

 Request, renew or replace your permanent residence
Permanent residence is the status granted to immigrants to live and work permanently in the United States.

In most cases, a sponsor (employer or family member) is the one who applies for permanent residence or a green card (“Green Card”) in favor of another person.

Ways to apply for the green card
There are several ways to apply for the green card, including the lottery of diversity visas that do not require a sponsor and are drawn by the US Department of State. UU.

The process for obtaining permanent residence can usually begin through:

  • A family bond.
  • An employer (information for employees, entrepreneurs and people with talent or special experience).
  • Refugee or Asylum Status

However, there are also other ways to request the green card (“Green Card”), as long as it meets the application requirements. When the Citizenship and Immigration Service receives and approves an application, the State Department is responsible for following the immigrant visa process. Therefore, you can also contact the Visa Services Office of the State Department. If you are outside the United States, you can contact a US consulate or embassy. UU.


Credits: https://www.usa.gov/green-cards

Abrir chat
Hi there,
Call us for a confidential consultation!